Questions about programs under Linux.

Yvonne Smith yvonne at thewatch.net
Sat Mar 9 23:30:52 EST 2002

Janina Sajka writes:
 > On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Yvonne Smith wrote:
 > > If you think you'll
 > > be spending most of your time in emacs, then wouldn't emacspeak perhaps
 > > be a better solution than speakup?
 >
 > Why, for heaven's sake? Just because it has a similar name?? That would be
 > silly.

*sigh* no, that's not what I meant at all. Like I said, I'm in no
 position to judge, since I've really never used emacs under speakup. I
 merely thought if someone was going to spend a lot of time in emacs,
 the interface that emacspeak uses might be easier to use. I didn't mean
 it as a definite "you must use emacspeak" only as a "you should
 possibly use emacspeak" if you were going to say spend 80% of your
 computing time under emacs.