apt-get for rpms

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri Mar 8 14:17:53 EST 2002

Hi List,
A few days ago I mentioned that I had downloaded apt-get for rpms.  I have
installed it on two different linux boxes running Redhat 7.2 and it works
great!  In talking with Bill Acker via the phone he indicated that some
people had problems with this package.  I have had none.  For the Redhat
people who don't know apt-get allows you to retrieve software without
dependency issues.  This assumes of course that the repository that
apt-get points to has everything you need.  I haven't been able to get any
of Sun's java products but everything else has fetched fine.  If anyone is
interested I'll be glad to send them the rpm that'll get it up and
running.  Please write me off list this weekend at jwantz at comcast.net if
you are interested and I'll attach the rpm.

     Jim WB0TFK