apt-get for rpms

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed Mar 6 13:09:48 EST 2002

Hi,
I don't recall seeing this information mentioned on this list before.
I've just installed apt-get for rpms.  It is supposed to wrok with the
following distributions: suse, conectiva and redhat.  At present the site
I am supposed to be able to fetch rpms off of is only fully indexed for
Redhat 7.2.
Thus far I've only tried to upgrade one package that I knew was up to
date:
apt-get upgrade autorpm
and as expected it told me I already had the most recent version
installed.
Just try apt-rpm in google and you'll find the site fast enough.

      Jim