help wth a new Modem

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 5 21:37:15 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Kirk Wood wrote:

<snip>

> Finally I would like to point out that it makes perfect sense for
the
> linux documentation to be in a Word document that has been zipped. There
> is a reason that some modems cost more then others. US Robotics makes a
> PCI modem that works in Linux. The directory with information gives clear
> instructions as to how to install it. But my first guess is that it costs
> double what you paid.

But if you want to cut costs, my current modem is a Lucent winmodem,
costing around #20 sterling (Around $27-28 U.S. at current exchange
rates).  Ok, so I had to download the ltmodems package, but it works like
a dream, or at least it would if I weren't so far from the exchange!
*smile*  Oh yes, and although nobody's using it yet, it claims to be V.92
ready.

Cheers.
Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808