help wth a new Modem

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Mar 5 08:29:08 EST 2002

I would expect you need a module loaded for this to work. But if not, then
you should use setserial to IRQ 11 and IO FCE8. This is way different then
the "standard" but welcome to PCI which has no choice but to leave the
previously mentioned standard.

It is completely normaly for a PnP device to be disabled if there is no
support for it in the OS. That keeps things going along much smoother.

Finally I would like to point out that it makes perfect sense for the
linux documentation to be in a Word document that has been zipped. There
is a reason that some modems cost more then others. US Robotics makes a
PCI modem that works in Linux. The directory with information gives clear
instructions as to how to install it. But my first guess is that it costs
double what you paid.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.