Weather pages

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Mon Mar 4 10:15:02 EST 2002

Hi Everybody,
I think the error in the spelling of precipitation Randy mentioned was in
the weather underground page.  Janina, you have as much chance of talking
to somebody there you know as I do.  I don't know any weather people at U.
Mich.  Here is an alternative weather page to try that is and always has
been accessible:
http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov
In fact at one point we gave them an accessibility award (there were a
couple of other blind employees in NOAA besides myself on the committee
that chose that site).
Also, if you are specifically interested in hurricane information (not
likely this time of the year) try:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov
Unfortunately I have been receiving speakup in digest mode.  That kills my
ability to reply to individual messages.  I intend to switch back to the
other mode.

     Jim Wantz