Sound interference when using speakup.

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Mon Mar 4 04:03:46 EST 2002

hi.
one of the things you need to do is after compiling the modules is run the
snddevices script. but, I'm assuming you're using alsa.
after that again assuming you're using alsa, build the libs and the utils
in that order. because the utils depend on the libs. after you've built
all that make uip an alias in your /etc/modules.conf file reflecting the
sound card you want to probe for.
below is a copy of my /etc/modules.conf for an example.
this one I got from chuck.

File begins.
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
options snd-card-emu10k1 snd_index=0 snd_id="sblive!"

# OSS/Free setup
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
File ends.

--
qShaun Oliver

Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
                -- Roger Price

Email: shauno at goanna.net.au
Icq: 76958435