Speakup installation on lap top.

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Mar 3 01:17:54 EST 2002

There are no text mode utilities to edit word documents simply to extract
text or convert to html.
There is staroffice and openoffice both X-based applications we can't use.
They are resource hungry and big.
If you were to put Linux on say a 300-meg partition,
you could still access the remaining 6.3gb of drive as windows vfat.
You'd get long filenames but no atime/ctime/mtime support.

Regards, Kerry.

Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au