deleting the default gateway from the routing table

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Sat Jun 29 20:34:42 EDT 2002

Hi there,
It should be
route del default gw x.x.x.x
where x.x.x.x is the ip listed in the routing table.
Regards
Aaron
On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:12:48AM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi allll,
>
> Could someone please tell me how to delete the default gateway from the routing table? If I understand the route man page correctly, doing "route del gw" should work. However, when I do that, I get "gw: No address associated with name". Could someone tell me please what I'm missing here? I'm running slackware in case that matters. Thanks in advance.
> Greg

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |