api bios and power down

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sun Jun 23 18:35:58 EDT 2002

Just curious with respect to the thread on api apm bla bla etc. My box
even if I say yes to power management and no to api etc. does not
shutdown. I thought perhaps from what I read in the help menu while
compiling the kernel you could have the power-down feature without
having the api stuff in the kernel. Perhaps I'm wrong on this, but
someone tell me the score?
I got the impression taht if you turn on the power management stuff in
the kernel you are more likely to run into problems and well like I said
for a desktop, not so sure there's any reason to bother. I imagine if
your away for hours at a time, but to make it worth your while
everything would have to be shutdown I supose.

I sure  don't mind turning off the power switch in any case, but having
itself off is handy.<grin>

Scott