Running a command in background?

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Thu Jun 20 12:54:46 EDT 2002

 AAron,
Well, there may or may not be a third way to get a stopped job on linux.
 On HPUX you could get a stopped job when you did something like this:
myprog > myprog_output &
For some reason, it really didn't like redirecting standard out to a
file from the background.  I don't think I've seen this behaviour in
Linux have you?

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK