USERS WRITING TO PARTITIONS?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Jun 18 19:15:36 EDT 2002

Try
/dev/hdc4	/var/music	ext2	uid=666	1	1
(where 666 is the uid of the user you want to have write access).
With fat partitions that makes all the files on the partition appear to be owned by the uid you specify.
Not sure how you'd go with ext2 partitions though.
Regards
Aaron
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 07:19:33AM -0230, Doug Lawlor wrote:
> Hello list, I need to know how to let a user besides 'root' write to a
> partition.  I've tried everything I know and it's not working here.  A
> line from my 'fstab' file is below.
>
> /dev/hdc4       /var/music      ext2    users   1   1
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Doug
>

> --
> Doug Lawlor <dlawlor at roadrunner.nf.net>

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |