USERS WRITING TO PARTITIONS?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Jun 18 08:13:24 EDT 2002

I will include one typical vfat entry I have my system to enable me to
write to my windows dirs.  I honestly can't remember the meaning of
the last two variables on the line but this works for me.  I think the
umask is what enables normal users to write files without permission
problems.
/dev/hda1      /hda1       vfat     defaults,umask=000  1    0
/dev/hdc1      /hdc1       vfat     defaults,umask=000  1    0
/dev/cdrom     /cdrom      iso9660  user,noauto,ro,unhide 0   0

Guess I'm gonna have to pay another visit to the man pages for mount
and fstab:)