a few questions

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Sun Jun 16 13:29:36 EDT 2002

Hi Jed. Although I have not used the current version of speakup under Red
Hat 6.2 you should be able to get it working with no major problems.
If memory serves me correctly RH 6.2 uses a 2.2.14 kernel. You might want to
get the latest 2.2.x kernel, patch Speakup 1.00 into it, and install it.
If you have a problem with this we might work out an arrangement where I
patch and configure your kernel source, and all you need to do is run a
build script.
As for the speakout I am pretty sure Speakup can use it. If you have a BNS
or something Speakup can use that as well.
As for editing scripts I write entire Linux programs using Speakup, web
sites, shell scripts, etc. Infact I've gotten to a point where I would
rather use Nano to write web pages, php scripts, rather than some fancy MS
Front Page program, etc.
Lynx and  Pine. I use them all the time with Speakup.  I also use several
other apps like ncftp, nano, emacs, sc, cdcd, and several others.