a few questions

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 16 12:29:36 EDT 2002

Hi, Jed:

Your Speakout will work fine with Speakup, the linux screen
reader of choice. You should not, however, try to restrict
yourself to Red Hat 6.2. That version is quite old and there are
numerous reasons to choose the current, Speakup Modified Red Hat
Distribution, which mirrors Red Hat's current version, 7.3. Your
ham radio scripts should work, though it is conceivable that some
slight modifications might be required. There are hams here who
can advise better on that point.

You might want to look at the installation HOWTO for the Speakup
Modified Red Hat Distribution available at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

Welcome to Linux!