Open Day - Leicester Linux User Group

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Fri Jun 14 11:21:45 EDT 2002

Hi

Just a quick note to let you all know that I will be
demonstratingspeakup and Debian GNU/Linux at the Leicester Linux User
Group's Open Day at the University of Leicester UK.  I'm not exactly
sure what time I'm going to arrive but I intend to be there for 11 am.
The organisers are hoping to get the latest developments of Gnome V2,
which will give us access to the GUI under GNU/Linux, which will be the
first UK look at the development so any speech, if available, will be
very rudimentary.

We also hope to use the Speakfreely software to access the speakup
reflecter.  Which will enable us to voice chat with other speakup users
around the world as well as the developer of speakup Mr Kirk Rieser.

See:  http://www.leicester.lug.org.uk

Gena

Have your say:
Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org

Please don't send me MS Word documents, see
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Personal Contact Details:
E-mail: gena at gena-j.net WWW: http://www.gena-j.net ICQ: 144169465