Please clarify my doubt

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Thu Jun 13 13:10:27 EDT 2002

Hi. You will need a hardware synthesizer as Speakup doesn't support
software speech, at least not yet. This is because anything related to
sound i.e., soundcore initializes after all your filesystems are mounted.
So if you got a kernel panic you would never know about it. If you want
something with software speech, you could try Emacspeak. It supports the
IBM viavoice text2speech engine.

Explorer has caused a general protection fault in module kernel32.dll. I'm sick of Winblows!