long file names

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Thu Jun 13 09:32:30 EDT 2002

Hi Igor,
Well--at the moment I am using Bill Acker's pre-compiled 2.4.18 that comes
with Redhat 7.3.  In the very recent past I was using a 2.4.18 that I
compiled from source taken from ftp.kernel.org.  If there were actual
errors and not warnings its possible that you really didn't build a new
kernel the last time you compiled.  I always direct my kernel compilation
messages to a file called bzImage-record and then tail bzImage-record when
I have a failure to see where it bombed out.

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK