Speakup with USB

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jun 11 07:47:02 EDT 2002

Currently speakup will not talk to a USB port.  If you could make one
of the USB serial ports look like one of the standard hardware rs-232c
ports you'd be okay.  I am almost a hundred percent sure you cannot do
that.

I am working on USB support currently for the TrippleTalk.  I think we
may be able to generalize that once I get it working.

Considering all of the newer devices which have come along and are
continuing to come along I am working on rewriting the speakup driver
interface to hopefully use standard device drivers.  That will allow
us to integrate software synths in as well.

  Kirk
p.s. Don't hold your breath!  Coding is almost impossible to find time
for these days.

phone: (519) 661-3061