errors when installing speakup.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Jun 8 15:24:02 EDT 2002

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Jeremy R Schmidt wrote:

> Hello everyone, I downloaded and untared speakup 1.0.
> When I ran ./install under redhat 7.2, I got the following.
> I had to retype it out, so I hope I didn't miss anything.
> Can anyone let me know if I need to fix anything, or if I should keep going?
> P.S. I checked, and I don't have a linux directory in /usr/src, so I created
> a simlink with the following command
> ln -s linux-2.4.7-10 linux
> no should I just run ./install again?

Ok, this is something I don't like about Redhat, putting these dashes and
a number after stuff, cos it can confuse people.  You should be able to
type this instead.

go into /usr/src and type:
ln -s linux-2.4.7 linux

You might need to remove linux first, if it moans that it alreadyh exists.
Once you've done that, try running your ./install from within
speakup-1.0.0 again.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808