Good news

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Fri Jun 7 02:40:31 EDT 2002

Hi,

Having just finished my exams yesterday, I've been talking to Patrick
Volkerding (aka Mr Slackware). He's very interested in accessibility. As you
may know he already has Speakup boot-disks in the original distribution.

I asked him if he would consider adding Emacspeak, and there and then, he
did it! He asked if you needed other software to use different devices, and
I told him you needed Emacspeak-SS for other synths. He added this too! And
then, he added BrlTTY as well, and is considering adding Flite and NFBTrans
(though maybe not in 8.1).

So all in all, with Redhat having Emacspeak, Debian coming with
Emacspeak/Emacspeak-ss/Brltty, and Slackware coming with all of
Speakup/Emacspeak/Emacspeak-ss/BrlTTY and offering to compile the Doubletalk
PC driver into the default kernel, Linux and console accessibility really
does look good (IMHO).

Just thought I'd let you guys know this, and look forward to Slackware 8.1
being released.

Saqib