speakup and the usenet

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Tue Jun 4 17:56:42 EDT 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Igor Gueths wrote:

> Hi. Well if its mp3s you're after, then go with Audio Galaxy. You can find
> most anything there. I think that tin will handle binaries. Go to
> www.tin.org to download the source and then compile it. ./configure make
> make install

If you want other stuff than mp3s, try gnutella, there is a nice
console-based client for Linux, called gnut.  Go to
http://www.gnutelliums.com
and follow the linux/unix link to download and install the gnut client,
just do a ./configure make make install, the usual thing.

You can find any file you can think of, if someone's online and sharing
it, from mp3s to avi files, to winblows .exe or zip files, even copies of
software like Windows XP or Norton Ghost 2002, all usable of course,
though if you're downloading that kind of stuff, beware of worms etc.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808