BEGINNER--GOT QUESTIONS!

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Jun 1 09:30:57 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lee" <COMPUTERSANDME at NC.RR.COM>
To: <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 9:14 PM
Subject: BEGINNER--GOT QUESTIONS!

> Hi,
>
> I'm new in Linux. My questions are:
>
> 1. How do I download Linux.
Well, You will need a fast internet connection, and a cdr drive.  How you
get linyux depends on which flavor.  You should check out:
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/ for more info.
> 2. Which version do I need.
Just get whatever version is on the speakup ftp server.  You need: redhat
7.2 or better, debian 2.2, slackware 7/8.
try: www.speakfreely.org

> 4. Does speakup work with Braille.
I'm not going to answer this question, because I'm not sure.
> 5. Are there software synthesizers available for linux.

Yes there are software synths for linux, but they don't work with speakup.
> 6. How closely related tounix is linux inits command structure?

Linux is a form of unix
> 7. When can I go to a site to learn linux, how to install it and get a
> computer up and running?
That's what this list is for.