slrn question

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sun Jul 28 21:12:33 EDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Hey, Toby:
>
> I did unsubscribe all (with the asterisk) as you suggest. I still can't
> locate the ones I want, though. I've tried both slash and Control-Cap-L as
> you suggest. It just beeps and says "not found." I would sure hate to have
> to arrow down through this 32k line list one line at a time! <grin>
>
> I tried something else. I did some rearranging of .jnewsrc in nano. I
> moved a few lines to the top, representing some of the usents I want to
> read. Guess what, slrn ignores that and starts just were it wants to.
>
> Still confused.

Ok, that's probably my fault.

When I said control l, I meant shift and l, thus capital l (L), it should
then ask you for a search string, and you can use such strings as linux.*,
linux* or, even better which works, *linux*, which will find *all* linux
groups, be warned, a lot of the other hierarchies, other than alt, comp
etc have Linux gbroups. *grin*

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808