slrn question

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sun Jul 28 20:36:37 EDT 2002

uOn Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> I need some help using slrn to read particular news groups. The groups are
> present in my .jnewsrc file, I can find them with grep. But, when I use
> the slash to ask for them on slrn's main screen--the one that starts at
> the top of my .jnewsrc file--it just beeps and says "not found."
>
> What's up with this?

Have you subscribed to them?  If so, they should be listed, and once SLRN
starts, reading the current line should yield the first in the list, onto
which you can press enter, that is, of course, after you've unsubbed from
the defaults like alt.test etc.  I normally do an unsub from * before
subscribing to anything.

The other thing, if you don't want to subscribe, then use control cap L to
enter your search pattern, / is for intra-article searching.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808