Ogg/Vorbis Streams

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Jul 25 06:17:10 EDT 2002

Your problem is the oss drivers.
they don't buffer well if you run speakup something to do with scheduling.
The standard kernel drivers and the rh ones are hosed as far as I know in this
regard; we all solved the problem
once and for all by installing alsa.
My ogg files play nicely on my p100 with sb16 soundcard over
nfs on a 10-megabit network card.
It is as if ogg123/mpg123/mpg321 never gets enough time to refill
the input buffer witht he default oss drivers.
Oss comercial drivers work fine as to alsa.

Regards, Kerry.