Ogg/Vorbis Streams

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Jul 25 21:27:05 EDT 2002

Sorry for the non speakup question but I know there's a couple you
folks out there that use ogg/vorbis for your sound needs.  I'm trying
to use ogg123 to listen to a stream and I keep emptying out the input
buffer.  If I go with the defaults (no special command line options),
The signal breaks up so bad and usually exits the program.  When I
bumped up the buffer size with -b 1024 or -b 2048, the sound seemed
better but I could watch the status line show the input buffer being
drained down to nothing and then exit program.

I have a broadband connection here and the speed in the status line
showed around 110 to 120 k/s.  I'm running kernel 2.4.18 with the new
1.0 release of the vorbis stuff with OSS sound drivers.

What else should I look at to get this to work? It's almost like the
machine is trying to play the stuff faster than it comes in.  I gues
that could be possible.

Thanks for any help.