General question about Linux

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Jul 23 08:58:29 EDT 2002

Oh yea, I do that but I just thought it to be much easier to read the
listing without the stuff at the beginning of each line.  That way, I
can use the down line key in speakup and not have to listen to the
leader stuff - just the long file names:).  Like I say, "ls -1" does
this nicely in the shell but for some reason, I can't do that with
lftp.  It might be a function of the server, not sure though.

BTW, it isn't just windows users that leave the long messages in
there.  I get pretty lazy myself and don't trim off the excess from
the back end:).