General question about Linux

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue Jul 23 07:38:20 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Steve, try piping the ls command to a file if it's a long list.  I
find that works just peachy keen, and I can look through and even
search in emacs.

BTW, them's as is usin' windows mailers, could ya please give us true
Linuxers a break and quit hitting that `ctrl-r'  and just replying
willy-nilly!  This previous msg had some forty to fifty lines of
quoted text!  Now I know I'm not the listowner, but I, for one, would
appreciate shorter messages.  Remember, guys, the blessed list is
archived!  If you want to see what somebody else said, go and look it
up, for God's sake, don't quote a chain of six messages together!
Only AOLers do this sort of idiocy guys, get with the program!

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854