General question about Linux

ddunfee at city-net.com ddunfee at city-net.com
Mon Jul 22 08:22:38 EDT 2002

You can use the ftp functionality within the lynx, with a y, browser to do
the below:

The only command line app I hate with a passion is the command line ftp
client.  I'd rather use a gui ftp client under winblows to get files off of
ftp sites, and the only time I use the command line client is when I know
the exact path of the filename, and not for unfamiliar servers.  If a
better
ftp client was written, i.e.  Allowing one to use arrows to select the file
or dir, and press enter on it to download.