a mail question

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Jul 21 23:21:20 EDT 2002

Hi all.

I have a mail question that I hope someone can help me with.

Say I have 2 users, user1 and user2.

Is there a way that I could have user1 get notified somehow if user2 recieves e-mail? Both users are on the same machine. If it matters, my mta is qmail, and I'm using maildir style mailboxes. The reason I want to have this functionality is so that I could find out if there is mail for user2 without having to login as user2, since I mostly do all my none-root work on the box as user1. Thanks in advance for any help.
Greg
P.S., I'm not thinking about forwarding, I would still like the e-mail to remain in user2's mailbox.