Question about slackware 8.1 rootdisk

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Jul 20 18:13:01 EDT 2002

I am also disappointed with some of the changes that were made in slackware 8.1. I too tried two slackware sites, and finally downloaded the install image in about 9 hours with a broadband connection. Usually, I can get full iso images in about 2 hours.

I have a none-production machine which I've been planning to try redhat and debian on for a while. I think that I'll move to debian if slackware makes any other changes I do not like.

For now, I think I'll continue running slackware 8.0 on my server until the hd dies or something, and upgrade to new packages as neded.
Greg
P.S., I found I was missing having gnu/linux on my windows only machine, so I split my vfat partition (since umsdos support was removed from slackware 8.1 (not a good change)), and installed slackware 8.1. I found that most of the new changes aren't as bad as I expected, but still ...