creating an mp3 cd

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Jul 13 12:23:04 EDT 2002

I create mp3 cd's all the time with cdrecord.  I just build the ISO
image first with mkisosf and enable both rockrige and joliate
extensions; that way, winblows can read the long file names with
spaces.  I then burn the ISO image strait away with cdrecord and I can
play the file with winamp or I can even play the disks with my Philips
Expanium any time I want.

I believe the play list is really optional and not necessary for the
player.  My player automatically queues up all tracks in the root
directory in alpha order then it recurses down into all the
subdirectories and does the same thing in there.  I usually like to
create a playlist to play with freeamp on linux and I use a perl
script to create that list.

I will attach my perl script called ls2playlist.pl to this message for
your hacking pleasure.

HTH