Questions about links (L I N K S)

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 6 13:20:37 EDT 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> That's true, Janina, to some extent.
> However, I'm having no problems using links-2.1pre1 with braille and imagine it
> also could work with speech.
> The advantage to links-2.0 and up (not the links that will be available with
> your distribution( is that it has some Javascript support. Indeed, I have been
> able to access, register, and/or shop at some sites that were inaccessible at
> one point or another with lynx. this certainly doesn't solve all javascript
> problems but it is a step in the right direction.

Only thing I would say is that Links doesn't seem to support cookies, or
if it does, it's not documented, and there's no way in the config files to
change its behaviour.  Also, it seems that they haven't yet got file
upload working with javascript, it just sits there for about 10 mins, then
spews a load of hex to the screen, but to its credit if you hit enter, it
just returns to where you were, with the submit button highlighted, which
is cool really, I mean it seems to have propper error handling, it doesn't
just segmentation fault.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808