Jaws under Linux?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Jul 5 11:29:32 EDT 2002

JP, both JFW and Win-Eyes will run under VM (and may even run
under wine). They are known to work under VM from both
directions--with either Linux or Win as the host OS.

There are issues, however. If you realize that VM must control
the device level communications between guest and host, you'll
understand what some of the issues are. Timing is one, the
inability to switch synths on the fly is another.

Can one do it successfully? Absolutely. Be sure to have a fast
machine with lots of RAM. Remember, you're pseudo running two
machines. And, don't expect too much when trying it on a portable
system.