What happend to 'Line Input'?

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed Jul 3 13:43:43 EDT 2002

I am currently using alsa 0.9.0rc2.  I was having trouble recording analog
signals on my input line of my Soundblaster Live! card--they would record
but the signal was too hotif I recorded an FM station it was distorted.  I
did eventually solve the problem by backing down my values on the sound
control Capture.  Lowering the values on Line by the way, had no
noticeable effect.  So what happened to the 'Line Input' sound control?  I
know this is more a question for the Alsa people, but I wanted to ask here
first, to see if anyone had any insight.  Also, if someone could point me
to the documentation that tells how to load sound fonts into the wavetable
of the Soundblaster Live! I'd appreciate it.  The sound fonts in Timidity
are okay, but I suspect I could achieve better sound using the hardware
wavetable on the sblive.

Thanks again for all of your help with my modules.conf problems of a few
days ago.  Everything is loading fine.

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK