synthesizers was Re: Supported dectalk models

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Mon Jul 1 20:55:22 EDT 2002

---quoted message---
Hi Alex  pardon my nosiness here so if you don't wish to answer either
to me directly on on the list I'll understand, but what sort of price
range are we looking at there my friend,
Well, my price range is under $100.
 and is your choice of DEC-Talk
just a preference, or for some other reasons is it essential that your
synth be a DEC-Squaclk.
No, but it's the only synth I've been able to get my hands on lately.  I
haven't seen the other ones you mention.  Hey, I'll take whatever's cheap,
and supported by speakup!

By essential I mean, do you have a hearing impairment or other
disability which makes the DEC-Squalk easier for you to use and more
preferable than other synths, reason I ask is because from I've seen in
the used synth market of late, other models like the Accent SA, Artic
Transport, etc, are usually priced cheaper in this market than are
DEC-Talks of any sort. So, if you could live with using another synth
I'd probably search for other models in edition to the DEC-Squalk if
price and the bottom line are the primary criterium of your search.
Hth!

Ed Barnes
ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net

alex_snow at gmx.net