Unloading Linux

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Jan 30 21:50:56 EST 2002

It's really a pain in the neck! to get messages with interspersed dialogue
especially when you've already read the originator's message two messages
ago so you have to listen to the whol thing again! and again! and again! and
then figure out who said what.  Sighted persons can just use colors or
highlighting to set off the participants but we can't discern the difference
as easily.  Unfortuneately too, I have my original message set to be posted
and forget to cut it out but it's after my comments so with a screen reader
and pine, you just press spacebar to go to next page and you don't have to
listen to the junk at the end.  Yes it's sloppy but when I have a bunch of
mail to bullet through and sometimes I get over a hundred per day, laziness
sets in! big time ha!

I personally prefer it that people post what they have to say at the
beginning of the message and if one wanted to leave in what was said
previously for contextual purposes, then the reader can elect to go down
farther into the message and re-read anything which needs clarification and
one doesn't have to go and hunt down the original message.

Amanda Lee

Alexandria, VA

Too bad! I'm cutting out what was said before! so go find it!