Redhat 7.2 and Speakup

TALMAGE at SOMTEL.COM TALMAGE at SOMTEL.COM
Wed Jan 30 23:02:07 EST 2002

Hi,

This is probably something simple, but I'm going to ask anyway.
After building about 5 different kernels with Speakup included, and not
getting a boot, I finally figured out that Speakup doesn't like my
LiteTalk.  I switched to a DoubleTalk Lt and got my kernel to boot.  But,
you new a but was coming, the kernel booted fine, no error messages,
Speakup started talking fine, and then when it got to the login prompt, the
speech died.  That's not to say the kernel did, as I can log in from a
terminal fine, but on the local system, no more speech.  One thing I did
notice which may or may not be relevant is, that it said U.S. key map.  I
did check the Speakup key map option when building the kernel though.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave Talmage