RH 6.2 Versus RH 7.2

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Wed Jan 30 11:26:26 EST 2002

Well, ext3 has many other advantages than just proformence.  It supports
journaling, and is much more stable to boot.
I actually switched off my computer a number of times to see if I could kill
the file system, and it remained in tact. Try that with a MS fs or the ext2
file system, and it would be screwed.
Anyone wants to stay with older technology when there is improved technology
can go ahead. Another man's loss is another man's gain.