RH 6.2 Versus RH 7.2

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Jan 30 07:58:37 EST 2002

> Well, I've noticed that slow down in spead myself. One way to help spead
> things up is to use the ext3 fs which works much better than ext2.
> One major difference between 6.2 and 7.2 is that 7.2 comes with the kudzu
> pnp hardware maniger. Kudzu tracks new and removed hardware, and attempts to
> configure it for you.

Oh please tell me that this is not a representation of what is in store
for the linux comunity. Switching to an more effecient file system for
poor OS performance sounds like a m$ thing.

As for Kudzu, from what I have seen it is more of a boot thing. You can
certainly turn it off and I would do so if you aren't adding and
subtracting hardware. I mean why run it? I suppose so that you could avoid
a reboot after 65 days of adding no new hardware and deciding you wanted
something. Oh wait, you had to shut it down to connect it anyway. Or if
not, you could always restart the service midstream anyway.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.