Unloading Linux

Terry Cudney tcudney at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 30 10:27:06 EST 2002

Hi,

	It appears that you installed Lilo on your MBR (Master Boot Record). You can use the M$ fdisk program to restore a stock MBR thus:

	'fdisk /mbr'
HTH,
	--terry

You wrote:

-=> Hi all.
-=>
-=> I was having trouble installing Slackware Linux on a computer so I tried
-=> it on my development hard drive.  I was going to reinstall Windows on it
-=> anyway so I tested the Slackware install and all went well.  But now I
-=> have to remove Linux and reinstall Windows 98 SE.
-=>
-=> The problem is that even though I repartitioned the hard drive and
-=> reformatted it with my windows startup disk, the LILO menu still
-=> appears.
-=>
-=> I assume the menu is written on the boot sector of the hard drive and my
-=> reformatting does not erase it.
-=>
-=> Can anyone tell me how to totally clear my hard drive so I can do a
-=> fresh install of a different OS?
-=>
-=> Rodney
-=>