Is this normal?

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 29 22:18:13 EST 2002

Hi, Kirk.

Well, I've blown that tree away about three times, and all with the same
result of no Speakup config. First i tried the cvs version, and that didn't
work. I thought, "Ok, it's a bug in the cvs version."
so I blew the tree away, and then downloaded the 1.0.00 tarball, extracted
it, and ran the ./install script.
It patched wonderfully, and then I ran make config.  All the standard
configurations were there, but speakup was not.
I'm wondering if this is specific to the 2.4.8 kernel. I've got a newer tree
sitting around, and I'll see if I get the same hangup. I'm not sure why
speakup 1.0.0 is not putting itself in the config.
This is the first time I've bothered using 1.0, and so far I've not been
able to get it to work.