question for the list.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sun Jan 27 20:04:21 EST 2002

Hi, which version of Mandrake will you be using?I've had some better success
with 8.0, but 8.1 has been dificult to get going.
It also depends on if the prof will let you use a modified kernel. You will
have to get the kernel sources from kernel.org, and then patch it with
speakup, and then  compile it.
Otherwise at this point Emacspeak 15 with viavoice might be the best choice.
I am trying to work on a speakup distribution of Mandrake, but so far
haven't gotten much done.