question for the list.

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Jan 27 19:09:07 EST 2002

The answer depends on what you are allowed to do.  If you are allowed to
patch speakup into the kernel then you can use speakup on any
distribution provided you have a supported synthesizer.  Patching the
kernel is easy now-a-days.  All you do is make sure you have cvs
installed on the box and download the checkout script from speakup ftp
site.  Run that from the src tree /usr/src/linux.  This will patch
speakup into the kernel and then you have to compile the kernel.

Good luck.

Maurice A. Mines said the following on Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:49:54PM +0000:

> Hi it's Maurice.
>
> I am taking a class in Linux, and my prof insists upon using ManDrake Linux.
>
> A question: Is it accessible using Speakup?
>
> P.S. I currently have RedHat 7.2.

If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.
Raul A. Gallegos - http://www.asmodean.net