reader service

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Jan 25 10:36:32 EST 2002

Well, previous comments have been made on this subject.  In most cases,
the potential employee (reader in this case) does not pay for the
background checks, drug tests and the like.  The employer usually does; in
this case, that would be the state social services program.  If I were
paying a reader out of my own pocket, I would be obligated to pay for such
tests if I bothered.  When I hired readers in the past for my own use at
my own expense, I just hired someone I knew fairly well and felt I could
trust her.