Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Jan 23 10:56:08 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Amanda Lee wrote:
> Nope, "Off Screen model approach" is not a crutch.  It does not
> necessarily achieve the best Accessibility but it is utilized in JFW and
> HAL.  I believe that Window-Eyes also makes a good attempt to address
> controls and so forth which aren't MS standard.  I believe utilizing MSAA
> whereever possible is obviously the best way but it doesn't always work.
>  In Window-Eyes, one can toggle MSAA on and off and it is necessary to do
> so in certain instances.

Hmm, MSAA doesn't get the job done. So they have to revert to another
means of getting the job done. It doesn't work all the time either. Sounds
like a crutch to me. Of course it has been wrapped in a lot of market
speak to make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. But they do
that with many things.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.