Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 22 20:35:22 EST 2002

Hi, let me come at this from another angle. In the Windows world a piece of
software is written, and the company then expects the screen reader
manufacturer to modify their screen reader to support their app. Some such
as Microslop include MSAA support to help the screen reader along after the
fact.
In Gnome 2 we want to write the screen reader, and sstandardize all the tool
kits, documentation, and even the sample source code to clearly show someone
how to write an an accessible app, or to upgrade their app so that it works
with Gnopernicus. So rather than making the screen reader work with the app
we want the desktop and apps to work with the screen reader.