Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Jan 22 16:29:37 EST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Charles Crawford wrote:
>          Thanks.  I understand what you are saying.  Does this mean that
> there would not be a fix for X-Windows like the MSAA in Windows?  Would we
> need some kind of major off-screen model?

Actually, I think the point is to put the hooks where they really
belong. Understand there will be some advantages and some limitations. To
start, you will have to use gnome. There are many other window managers,
but you will have to use gnome. But if you do use gnome, there won't be a
need for something like msaa.

Msaa is a crutch for what should have been done. As for off scren models
and the like, I don't personally know. I think that some of that was bable
to impress people quite honestly.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.