On the subject of ease of use....

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Jan 22 13:37:13 EST 2002

Gena -
There is another under appreciated file manager called 'pilot'
that makes Linux more friendly to the newbie. It is the third
member of the pine suite (pine+pico+pilot) and if you are
comfortable with pine you will be comfortable with pilot. I think
the name stands for the "pine looker-upper of things".

It lets you view a file, edit a file, delete a file, rename a
file, all with one letter commands, you can search for a file by
partial name, navigate among directories, and launch an
application that expects a filename as parameter.

Remember that the unix shell is ten years older than DOS, and
most of the best ideas in DOS were actually copied from the unix
shell, such as piping and IO redirection, to name a few.

Chuck